Sunday 27 November 2016

Beeston Vertical Heritage Map

Another work in progress (maps always are). I have a few other things I want to add.

If you compare this vertical map to my other two Beeston vertical maps you will see how I have shifted vertical and horizontal street lines to accommodate the information I include. I could reduce the height of this map because of the space I have created by excluding most pubs and cafés, but for now I am leaving it as it is. I like the white space.

As with all my maps I try to pull in the Trent and University. Perhaps it has suited some to ignore them (an observation I will return to when I write about a book, The River Trent by J H Ingram, published in 1955, which I bought in Oxfam for £3 last week).

Just click on the map to enlarge.



A few photographs of Beeston's everyday heritage, which few notice. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment