Tuesday 20 December 2016

Beeston Pond now on town heritage map

Thanks to web posts by Matt Turpin (Beestonia) and Anna Soubry (MP) I have picked up on Network Rail's proposed closure of the Meadow Lane foot crossing across the railway line between the Beeston and Attenborough railway stations.

Matt writes about the proposal with passion and I know enough from experience that arbitrary decisions can be defeated, and this proposal is clearly one of those.

One of my favourite Beeston walks takes me on a great loop around Beeston from my home off Wollaton Road and, as hard as this may be to believe, a month ago I had not worked out how to pull Attenborough Nature reserve into my vertical Beeston Heritage Map. Matt's post to his blog has prompted me to re-visit the problem and I have solved it by sacrificing the cover of the Civic Society's Blue Plaque Guidebook.

As I say I will return to this topic in the next few days. In the meantime, you can now find the Meadow Lane railway line foot-crossing on my map (in the top left-hand corner). As always, click on the map to enlarge:


No comments:

Post a Comment